There are so many great ways we can exchange unsustainable behavior and items for more sustainable options, but what if you don't want to spend money on sustainable alternatives but you still want to make changes in your life that have a positive environmental impact.
We have put together 10 quick tips that will cost you nothing (they will likely save you money) and have a great sustainable impact.
- Always do full loads of laundry
- Set up a food schedule to reduce food waste and buying things you don’t need
- Turn the lights off when you leave the room
- Introduce fridge clean-out Monday
- Don’t buy what you don’t need
- Start the day with a cold shower
- Teach your children about sustainable behavior
- East seasonal veggies and fruits
- If it’s less than 30 minutes, walk it
- Catch rainwater to water plants on a hot day
Written by the Nature Unite team