Many of us drink coffee to get through stressful days - we drink 95 million cups of coffee per day in the UK! - and because our coffee only uses a small part of the coffee bean, there is so much coffee ground that we might consider as waste. But no more!
There are fantastic ways for you to repurpose coffee grounds and a particularly good way to give you some pampering after a busy day. We love this brilliant DIY coffee ground face and body exfoliation scrub for your skin to feel refreshed and radiant.
We just love to find natural recipes that are based on an ingredient that would otherwise have become waste. ENJOY!
- 2 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Mix the coffee grounds and brown sugar in a bowl
2. Add melted coconut oil into the mixture
3. Use it to scrub your face and body for up to 10 minutes before washing it off
4. Store any leftover in an airtight jar and use within one month
What it does
Coffee ground is an excellent exfoliation, removing dead skin cells and tightens the skin, while the coconut oil re-nourished and moisturizes the exfoliated skin. Brown sugar is very gentle on the skin compared to most salts and sugars, hence it is a great choice for sensitive skin and particularly when making a face scrub. Brown sugar also has anti-bacterial properties and glycolic acid that keeps your skin radiant and healthy.
Written by the Nature Unite Team